- Department's Lego Robot Camp featured in Leader-Post newspaper, July 22, 2014
- Research article by G. Fan and S. Zilles to be published in the Journal of Machine Learning Research
- LEGO Robots Summer Camp, July 21-25, 2014 for 9-14 year olds
- CS 210 and CS 340: increased class sizes for Fall 2014
- Department of Computer Science sponsors MSI computer camps for youth aged 12-17
- LEGO Robots Summer Camp - the week of July 21-25
Tuesday, July 29, 1975
First known use of the word 'Micro-soft'
Earlier that year while Bill Gates is a Sophomore at Harvard, he and Paul Allan produce a version of BASIC for the Altair, the first 'personal computer' with the first simple programming language. They license this to MITS and eventually use the name Micro-soft to refer to this new venture in creating software.