Get a Version of Visual Studio for your Windows PC
You can get your copy of Visual Studio from the Computer Science MSDNAA website.
In the lab we use Visual Studio Professional 2015 and Windows 10.
Windows 7, 8, and 10 users can install Visual Studio Professional 2015. This install takes a long time and you have to customize the install to get C++:
- Click on Computer Science MSDNAA website and login.
- Download/Select the "Visual Studio Professional 2015 (x86 and x64) - DVD"
- Double click on it to see what's inside. If that doesn't work, right click on it and choose Open with... | Windows Explorer
- Select Custom installation and click Next
- Either check off Programming Laguages or expand it and check off Visual C++ then click Next.
- Click install.
- Wait at least one hour. It may take about two hours on some students' laptops.
- Click Launch to start Visual Studio the first time.
- When it asks you to configure things, you will match the lab if you use the defaults.
- Try your first program. Good luck!