CS201 Lab: Introduction to LogicWorks 5
Objectives of this lab:
To build circuits by using LogicWorks 5 and
verify the validity of boolean algebra.
Read lab lecture notes
which is basically a tutorial of using LogicWorks 5.
- Using LogicWorks, test the functionality of each of the following gates:
NAND, NOR and XOR.
Submit your LogicWorks circuits and the resulting truth tables from your
You can find these gates from the "Simulation Gates.clf" library.
- Design circuits to verify Demorgan's law, (A + B + C)'= A'B'C'
and (ABC)'= A' + B' + C'.
Show LogicWorks circuits and the resulting truth tables from your experimentation.
- Build a circuit for the Boolean function F = AB + (A XOR B)C + B NAND D
and find the truth table by using LogicWorks.
Show the LogicWorks circuit and the resulting truth table in your lab report.
1. What can a binary switch do in a circuit?
2. What can a binary probe do in a circuit?
Reference - Logical Symbols
Here is a list of the logical symbols and their truth tables for your reference.
Back to the top
Copyright: Department of Computer Science, University of Regina.