CS201 Lab: Combinational Design
Objective of this lab:
To verify combinational design procedures by testing designed circuits.
Read lab lecture notes which contains the Combinational Design Procedure.
- Design and implement a 4-input majority detector.
- The output is high if two or more of the inputs are high.
- Use Karnaugh map reduction to get the simplified Boolean function.
- Draw the circuit and simulate the circuit in LogicWorks.
- Check if the truth table for the circuit meets the result of your experiment.
- For your lab assignment, make sure that you follow the combinational design procedures.
Marks will be given to each step.
- The six steps used to solve this problem.
Note: Step 5 (drawing the logic diagram) and Step 6
(implementing the test circuit) can both be done in LogicWorks.
Design a circuit which will control LED segment "c" of a 7-Segment display.
- The six steps used to solve this problem
(Remember the two expressions are needed.)
- Print out of the circuit when input is 1, 3, 9, and 11
Copyright: Department of Computer Science, University of Regina.