Setting up a SDL project with Visual Studio
If you installed SDL by following CS 405 SDL installation directions or are working in the CS 405 lab:
- In Visual Studio, create a new project.
- Under "Visual C++ Projects", select 'Win32 Project' under the 'Win32' folder. Choose a 'Name' (recommend gp) and 'Location'
- At the Application Wizard. Click on the 'Application Settings', select 'Empty project'
- Click on 'Finish'.
- Save the 'main.cpp' code into the 'gp' project directory
- Right-click on the "Source Files" in the solution tree, and select 'Add Existing Item...'
- Select 'main.cpp', and click 'Open'.
- We can now make some changes to the properties. Under the 'Project' Menu, select
- Under the 'Linker' folder in the 'Input' category, add "SDLmain.lib sdl.lib opengl32.lib glu32.lib" (without quotes) in the "Additional Dependencies" field.
- Click 'OK' to accept the changes