A run-time error occurs when you try to run this program:
"GLUT: Fatal Error in C: ...: pixel format with necessary capabilities not
To get around this problem, you have to muck around with some monitor settings.
REMEMBER TO RETURN THE ORIGINAL SETTINGS BEFORE LOGGING OFF.
- Under the Windows "Start" menu select "Settings->Control Panel".
- A new window will pop up. Double click on the "Display" icon.
- A "Display Properties" dialogue window will pop up.
Select the "Settings" tab.
- Under "Colors", change "True Color (32 bit)" to "High Color (16 bit)".
- Click "Apply".
- A prompt will be displayed: "Windows will now apply your new desktop
settings...". Click "OK".
- The screen will flicker.
- A "Monitor Settings" prompt will be displayed asking you: "Your desktop
has been reconfigured. Do you want to keep these settings?". Click
- Now, try and run the program.
- When you are finished, return the color settings to "True Color (32 bit)".