Co-op Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the Computer Science (CS) Co-op program, a student must
- Have and maintain an undergraduate grade point average (UGPA) of at least 65%
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours (4 courses) per academic term
- Be enrolled in or have completed CS 115, or CS 110 plus one additional CS course
- Be enrolled in or have completed either MATH 105 or MATH 110
- Be enrolled in or have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours at the time of application
The department also strongly encourages completion of ENGL 100, although it is not required.
Students who believe they meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to fill out an application form for the Co-operative Education program. Application forms are available at, and should be submitted to, the University of Regina Career Centre, which is located on the first floor of the Dr. William Riddell Centre. You may also see the Undergraduate Program / Co-op Program / Contact page for further information.
The deadline for applications is the end of the first week of classes of the semester immediately preceding the first work term placement. For example, if a student wants to be placed with a co-op employer (work term) for the Spring/Summer semester (May - August), then he or she must apply no later than the end of the first week of classes in the Winter semester (January - April).