Overview of Undergraduate Programs
- B.Sc. Major in
- Our general program.
- Takes four years to complete, on average.
- B.Sc. Honours in
- Build broader and stronger knowledge in computer science, particularly in specific subject areas.
- Become better qualified for admission to graduate programs and for industrial jobs requiring a specific background, etc.
- B.Sc. Combined
Major in Computer Science and Mathematics
- Build up strong mathematical skills in addition to your CS knowledge.
- Advantageous in academic, research, and industrial R&D fields.
- B.Sc. Honours
Combined Major in Computer Science and Mathematics
- Really gives you an edge if you wish to pursue an academic or research career.
- B.Sc. in Software
- Build knowledge and skill for developing large software systems.
- Beneficial for either working in a large IT department or starting your own software company.
- Post-Diploma B.Sc.
in Computer Science
- If you have a two-year diploma in CIS or CST from SIAST, this is a perfect opportunity to obtain a B.Sc. degree.
- All of your credits from SIAST will be recognized by the U of R.
- Take 20 additional courses (average of two years), you have a B.Sc.!
- Minor in Computer Science
- If you are a student majoring in another program at the U of R, you may add "Minor in Computer Science" to your diploma.
- The additional computer knowledge has helped many graduates in finding good jobs.
- Minor in Creative Technologies
- If you are a student majoring in another program at the U of R, such as Computer Science, you may add "Minor in Creative Technologies" to your diploma.
- The additional knowledge may open opportunities to apply your Computer Science in creative fields.
in Computer Science
- Takes two years, on average, if you do not already have a degree from a university.
- May take only one year if you already have a degree.
For complete information and details about each of the above programs, click the corresponding program title above. If you have any further, specific questions, please contact us.